*** NO FACE MASK - NO PLAY - (Face Shields Optional on top of Face Mask) ***
(Please note, we will have Face Masks available onsite for use onsite; Plus a few Face Shields on request if needed *** Use of optional Face Shields MUST be in addition to Face Masks)
*** ONLY REGISTERED PLAYERS WITH GAMES IN PROGRESS MUST BE IN THE PLAYING ROOM ***
*** ONLY REGISTERED PLAYERS & ONE PARENT OF A PLAYING MINOR CHILD IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO BE AT THE PLAYING VENUE ***
BOARDS & SETS ARE PROVIDED BY THE ORGANIZER & DISINFECTED AFTER EVERY ROUND (NO BOARDS/PIECES FROM PLAYERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE TOURNAMENT HALL) - CLOCKS PROVIDED IN TOP 3 SECTIONS ONLY
*** SPECTATORS (INCLUDING PARENTS) ARE STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED IN PLAYING ROOM - EXCEPTIONS WILL NEED TO BE APPROVED BY THE CHIEF ORGANIZER & CHIEF TD ***
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES WILL BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED & HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN THE MEETING ROOMS, SKITTLES & ALL PUBLIC AREAS OF THE HOTEL SITE
WE WANT YOU TO PLAY & HAVE FUN - BUT PLEASE FOLLOW THE HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES STRICTLY
WE WILL BE CONTINUALLY MONITORING THE GIVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDER IN PLACE & ANY CHANGES IMPLEMENTED IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA, LOCAL HEALTH BODIES AND/OR CDC WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. THIS INCLUDES ANY GUIDELINES SET BY THE HOST HOTEL
ORGANIZER WILL BE OBLIGATED TO FOLLOW THE SAFETY PROTOCOLS MANDATED BY THE HOST HOTEL, LOCAL & STATE HEALTH OFFICIALS, CDC AND THE VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH.
The following measures shall be put in place, to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 and protect the participants against infection:
WHAT THE ORGANIZER, TOURNAMENT STAFF & HOTEL EVENT STAFF WILL BE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE:
- MAXIMUM PLAYERS ALLOWED AT TOURNAMENT: IN ORDER TO MINIMIZE THE SPREAD OF INFECTION THERE WILL BE A MAXIMUM OF 260 PLAYERS ALLOWED TO PLAY.
- SPECTATOR POLICY: NO SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED IN THE PLAYING HALL OR SKITTLES AREAS. ONLY ONE PARENT OF A CHILD PLAYER WILL ALLOWED TO ACCOMPANY - THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE PLAYING HALLS WITHOUT PERMISSION BY CHIEF ARBITER/ORGANIZER
- MASKS AND FACE SHIELDS: ALL PLAYERS & ACCOMPANYING PARENT MUST WEAR A MASK. THIS APPLIES TO THE EVENT STAFF/ORGANIZER(s)/TD(s). DISPOSABLE MASKS WILL BE AVAILABLE ONSITE IF NEEDED. PLEXIGLASS FACE SHIELDS WILL BE PROVIDED TO PLAYERS ON REQUEST (Note that players MUST still wear a mask even if you wear a Face Shield). Please check out this useful link for proper Mask placement (https://www.consumerreports.
- Sufficient Hand Sanitizers and Sanitizing Wipes will be available inside the Playing hall, Skittles and Hotel public area. Each player will also receive a personal 2oz. mini hand sanitizer bottle for use.
- Any Player or Parent showing signs of Covid-19 thats bothering other participants will be asked to leave the Hotel site immediately.
- All players and Accompanying Parent must be willing to answer the COVID-19 symptoms questionnaire supplied onsite and be prepared for a Temperature check at the start of the day (Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun & Mon).
- Vinyl gloves are available on request
- Chess Boards will be setup with 1 board per 6-foot table. Where Tables are 8ft, a minimum of 6ft will between boards will be setup.
- 8 - 9 ft between Rows allowing enough room for Players to move around safely
- Boards & Sets will be Sanitized in between rounds. Clocks supplied ONLY in the Master and Expert Class Sections
- A mini hand sanitizer 2oz. bottle will be provided for every board at their board, at the start of their 1st Round.
- There will be sufficient Sanitization wipes next to each Board for players to wipe pieces as necessary and after Completion of Round.
- Players MUST use Organizer provided boards.
- NO SPECTATORS will be allowed in the Playing hall (This includes Parents). Players who have completed their games are spectators and will need to leave the Playing hall immediately
- Thorough cleaning of the Ballroom and other Meeting spaces will be done by the Hotel every night.
- Center Aisles and Rows will be marked well for safety and one-way use as necessary in the Meeting Rooms, Hallways & Skittles rooms
- Plenty of multiple Sanitizing Stations will be setup by the Hotel in the Meeting Rooms and Common areas
- Players and the accompanying Parent will be asked to leave the Playing Halls and Skittles rooms after their game is completed. This is to ensure that the Hotel staff will have the opportunity to clean and sanitize as much as possible in between the Rounds.
- Adequate cleaning & sanitizing as needed will be handled by the Hotel Staff during the day and in between rounds.
- No Water Stations in Ballrooms. Bottled Water supplied by Hotel and Organizer. Players are encouraged to bring their own water bottles but there will no be refill water stations.
- ONLY bottled water & Close lid Coffee/Liquids will be allowed in the Playing halls to keep the surrounding clean and contactless by Participants. No food is allowed in the Playing Hall (Light snacks are fine).
WHAT THE PLAYERS CAN DO TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE:
- *** PLEASE *** FOLLOW THE SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING!
- Stay home if you are Sick/Not feeling well OR showing any signs of Fever, Cough, Cold, Throat pain or infection OR if you experience any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- If you have already started playing and are experience any new symptoms, let the Organizer / Chief TD know so you can withdraw and keep everyone safe.
- No Food or Drink is allowed inside the Playing hall & Public hotel areas. (ONLY CLOSE LID WATER BOTTLES/COFFEE/DRINKS ARE ALLOWED).
- We will have a zero tolerance policy on Face Masks - For any Non-use OR Improper use (i.e., not wearing a mask, wearing a mask that does not cover both the mouth and nose or in not secured below the chin)
- Please limit the amount of personal belongings that are brought from outside into the Playing halls and Skittles. At the board keep your belongings under the table and keep the area next to the board clean and clear.
- Wash hands with Soap and Water for atleast 20 secs during every visit to the Restroom.
- Please remember to sanitize your hands prior to sitting at the board and touching the table, chair, boards, pieces and clock.
- Wear a Mask at all the times while inside the Hotel (Common area, Skittles and Playing halls).
- Results must be marked on the Result Slips kept at each Board and dropped at the Scoresheet box(es) for TDs to pick up.
- Strongly advisable that after the game finishes, Players and Parents leave the tournament site immediately (this includes playing hall, hallways and skittles) unless staying at the Hotel, and return back prior to the next round start time. The capacity of the skittles area and public areas in the hotel will be very limited due to the social distancing and safety protocols. PLAYERS WILL NOT BE LET INSIDE THE PLAYING HALL/MEETING ROOMS UNTIL 15MINS PRIOR TO THE ROUND START